Setup your Shopify store
- 2.Currently works with KuCoin Community Chain (KCC) and Binance Smart Chain (BSC) for our Checkout product, and many more chains for donations and payments.
- 3.Only works with USD currency at the moment. Please contact us to request another currency.
- 4.Only in English language
- 1.Create a new Shopify shop (if you haven’t already)
- 3.We generate a webhook address for you, that you need to add to Shopify, see below
- 4.Setup a custom payment method, see below
- 5.Add custom code to the checkout page (optional, but recommended)
- 6.Create a custom app to get updates from KuPay about the payment status
Visit https://<your shop>.myshopify.com/admin/settings/notifications Settings > Notifications (scroll to the bottom of the page)
Add webhook to Shopify under notifications to send every new order here Webhook https://api.kupay.finance/webhook/shopify/<YOUR_MERCHANT_ID> Eg. https://api.kupay.finance/webhook/shopify/11ec-93c2-525400d2ddc2
Be sure to use the settings exactly like this:
Event: Order creation
URL: You can find this in your kupay.finance account information
Webhook API version: 2021-10
Add a new custom payment method, and name it KuPay
- 1.In Shopify visit Settings > Payments Note: only the owner of the Shopify store can do this!
- 2.Scroll down to Manual payment methods
- 3.Click on Create custom payment method in the dropdown list
- 4.Type KuPay (the name is important and cannot be changed later)
- 5.Make sure to have the word KuPay in the name because you need it and cannot change it later.
- 6.Click Manage to update the payment method and add more details to describe the payment method.
- 7.Additional details are displayed on the check out page, for example: Pay with KCS and other digital KCC currencies via KuPay for super low transaction fees and fast transaction speed.
- 8.Payment instructions are displayed on the status/thank you page, for example: Please pay via the button above. We have also sent you the link by email.
While this is not strictly required, we do recommend adding the code, to optimize the customer experience. This code will load a payment button directly on the thank you page. Without this code, the customer will have to click the link in the email they receive, which will be a little bit less likely to convert (eg. if the email goes to spam somehow, or the customer changes their mind).
- 1.In Shopify visit Settings > Checkout
- 2.Scroll to the bottom where it says “Additional scripts”
- 3.In the box “Order status page” you can add the following 2 lines of code:
<div id="kupay-shopify-status" class="content-box" style="margin-top:3em"></div>
It should look like this on the status/thank you page:
If your status/thank you page is not dark but using a light theme, please contact our support to give you instructions.
In the Shopify admin panel, click on Apps > Develop apps
or visit https://<your-shop>.myshopify.com/admin/apps/development
Click on Create app
App name: backend app
Configuration -- Admin API access scopes: write_order_edits, read_order_edits, write_orders, read_orders, write_third_party_fulfillment_orders, read_third_party_fulfillment_orders, read_reports, write_fulfillments, read_fulfillments -- click Save
Webhook version: 2022-01
Click Install app
Visit the API credentials -- View the Admin API access token and store it in a safe place (you can only view it once)
>> This access token needs to be entered on the merchant panel